Nov 28, 2008

Tradition ... it never fails...

WOW.. I have now been up for 'almost' 24 hours... I went to bed at 11:30 last night and got up at 2:45 am to get ready for the most exciting day in a year... BLACK FRIDAY!!! Yes, I was one of those crazy nuts who decided to go out and battle the crowds... the screaming kids and the irate associates who will not get their first breaks till at least 10 or 11 if that FTER HAVING TO BE IN AT 3 am.
This year makes it the 7 time that I have joined Jennifer, her sister in law Betty and niece Jennifer. We try to take the vehicle that has the most room and start at Wal-Mart usually... WOW.. people, I have to say as well that this is one of the most hilarious times I swear. When they drop the ropes and say go..This is what I observed this year.. Lady A stands gets in early and is the leader.. she greats everyone that starts to line up behind her... she gets friendly with the entire row by 4:30ish.. Asking everyone what they are after and starts her prestigious plan. Meanwhile Lady B is on the other side of the store getting those toys and such .. Only communication is the cellular device or walkie talkies...LOL
As both women get to know and make "fake" friends they make this statement..." ok.. here is the plan, I will go in and grab 12 VCR's and then meet you all around the store...(sound of walkie talkie) "Ok.. I am ready to get 7 garmans and all the DVD's I can pile in my cart, and 25 packs of batteries that can be price matched for $2.99"...
So seriously.. these women are NUTS!!!!!.. am I exadurating??? NO I AM NOT!!!
This is how it is. When those ropes go down or the doors open.. they scurry in like freakin mad people!!! They do not care they run over your azzz nor do they care that they make you spill your $12.00 cup of Starbucks coffee that is just the perfect temp to drink...LOL
Anyway this TRADITION that we all say..'next year I think I wont go'... comes and we do the same thing... Next year I will go and sit here once again and let you know... HOW really crazy people are.
I am off to grab some sleep so PEACE... I'm outta here!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keri.. I was so there too LOL! Caele decided she wanted to experience black friday.. what better place to teach her about the crazies than walmart LOL!!!

Lisa said...

Keri, I did Walmart too. Got there at 5:05 had to be at work by 6 am. Picked up expression, get in line in Jewelry dept. cashier rings me up for 289.00, I freak out say its supposed to be 199.00, she calls manager who checks and says I have the wrong one, and they are out of the special bundle. Oh I was so mad.

Later, at 12:30 I call Augusta wally world and they had 8 machines left so I got one anyway Yay Woo!!

I don't think I will ever go to Wichita Walmart on BF, next time I will head to Augusta.

Sorry for the book. Glad you had fun watching the loonies. Bwaaaaah