Dec 8, 2008

An Update on Mz. Roeder

Good day everyone!!
Well Jennifer went into surgery at 8:55am and came out at 10:15am. The doctor came and talked to everyone and said the surgery was a great success and she was wonderful. She has 6 small holes in her from the laprescopy (sp) tool and had a drain tube. She was not taking to the Morphine they gave her so they gave her some new stuff.. don't ask me to tell you cause I can't remember..LOL All I know is that she is DRUGGED!!! Party in her scrapbook room!!!!!!!! HAHAHA Just kidding Jen!!! :) Really I am...
Anyway she was very happy and herself when we got to her room. Joking and laughing and carrying on about this and that... She was moving her legs and sitting up just a bit.
Here is her first picture!

Like I said, she was all smiles and having no pain. I left and came back later in the afternoon and when I got back she was still in a great mood and she wanted to try and get up.
The nurse gave her some meds and boom.. she was up. The gas they filled her tummy with is what is giving her pain now. Thank god for the small controller. LOL Even her blood pressure was remarkably down to normal!!! Yes, she was so excited.
I do have more pictures of her but promised I would not post any.. so guess I will be in trouble for this one huh?
Tomorrow she will be having few x-rays done and then she will be allowed to have her 'blue ice'...this is to see if anything will come out of her incisions. Oh Yea.. I forgot... Leroy did come and was there the entire time. Well I take that back ... he had to run to the bank and then he was there... He was kinda in this haze of what was going on but was right by her side. A BIG thank you to those who came to see her... I know she really appreciated it. She will hopefully come home on Wednesday unless she passes the stuff she needs to tomorrow...
I thank you all for your thoughtful words and prayers. :) We have to look after 'our ' Jennifer...
Ok.. that is all I have for now so I will post more later. She is at St. Francis hospital and in room 8059 if you would like to see her.

Hugs to you all!!!!

2 comments:

Michielle said...

Keri,

Hi!! Please tell Jennifer that I'm thinking of her and hope that she gets along as well today as she did yesterday!! My thoughts and prayers are with her.
Thanks,
Michielle

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much on the update on Jennifer. Tell her I'm praying for her and hope to see her soon.